Thursday, 9 June 2016

Boil. Pour. Matcha!

As some of you may know; I love tea. I don't just mean "I love tea" I mean "I LOVE tea". Eat Clean Tea have been lovely enough to send out some of us bloggers a sample of their tea. Seeing as summer is fast approaching, I thought I'd go for something fresh- minty fresh.

So for this recipe you will need:
  • 2 scoops of mint matcha tea.
  • Boiled water
  • Orange slices (and some of the juice)
  • Strawberries (I recommend 2-3)
  • Ice cubes


First you want to scoop your matcha into your mug, I did this to measure how much water I would need. Then fill 1/3 of the mug with boiling water. If you're fancy, use a frother to whisk the tea, but if you're like me, just whisk really quickly with a spoon/fork.
OKAY! Now you want to allow this to cool. Whilst you're waiting, chop up some strawberries and slice some oranges. Put these back in the fridge to keep these nice and cold. With the remaining orange, you can use this to make a little bit of fresh orange juice to add a little more flavour to your mint ice tea.
Once the water in the mug has cooled, go ahead and pour it into a glass, and fill the remaining with icy cold water. Drop in a few ice cubes, along with the orange juice from the fresh orange, and you've got a beautiful orange and mint ice tea. 

BUT we are not over yet my friends, oh no! To add that summery sweetness to your fresh and cooling tea, drop your fruit slices in!
Once this is done you can sit out the garden with you're book (I recommend 'Reasons To Stay Alive' by Matt Haig), or whatever you choose to do and chill out.

I also realised after doing this, that I could've made these into ice lollies, but instead of adding the ice cubes; pop the cold mint tea and fruit into lolly trays and freeze them!

I hope you all have a lovely summer; thanks again Eat Clean Tea for letting me have a cheeky sip of this GORGEOUS tea.
Toodlepip!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment