Sunday, 10 January 2016

The Chop

29th December 2015 was a pretty big thing for me.



I'm going to give you a little bit of a back story. As many of you will know, especially if you've read my blog for a while, I have dealt with alopecia for quite a long time. It all started when I could just about recite my ABCs and my 123s. I've always had a little patch, its on of my quirks now...not one I'm particularly fond of, but it's a quirk all the same.




Last year I was roaming the Internet, as you do, and came across The Little Princess Trust. This is charity where you can donate your hair (minimum of 7"), or money to help them provide wigs for children and young people (young people are those aged 13-20/23). Unfortunately, these children have lost their hair to terminal illnesses, cancer treatments, or severe alopecia.



And the chord was struck.



I knew it was a good cause, but the fact it played a part in something so close to home added even more incentive to do it.

I was cutting my hair anyway, but didn't want it to go to waste in a dingy old bin bag outside my local hair salon, so I treated myself, but also helped someone who needed my hair much more than I did. Plus, I've got near enough a full head of hair, if I want it long again, I can always grow it back.


So, on the 29th of December in 2015 I fulfilled my New Year's resolution early and chopped it off. From hair that reach all the way down to my bum to hair that slightly grazes my collar bone, I give you this.....






Not bad eh? I look older now though I have to say. It feels odd, i go to play with my hair, or pull it over my shoulder, only to realise its not longer.

Have you donated your hair? Would you like to?

Do you want to see a sequel where I tell you more about the process?

With Love,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment