Wednesday, 26 August 2015

You Are Not Your Grades

I spent the entirety of the day prior to results, in bed as I was way to anxious for results day to finally arrive. I physically felt drained and too anxious to leave my bed, let alone my room. It's as if I thought "if I get and F, I will be known as a failure."
I am not my D in Physics Double Award Science year 1, nor am I my A in Welsh Full Course.
  Here are my GCSE/Level 2/BTEC grades:
*Disclaimers*
D* (aka Distinction* (the highest BTEC grade available. It's equivalent to A*/A* at GCSE grade).
All subjects marked with * at the start (e.g. *Science) means its a BTEC.
I am very proud of my grades, and I'm in no means trying to brag, I am very fortunate that I am able to do very well at school. I'm using my results to prove a point.


*Art & Design- D*
Art- A
Religious Studies- B
English Literature- B
English Language- B
*Early Years Care- D*
Maths (Applications)- D
Maths (Methods)- C
Maths Linear- C
Double Award Science- C & C
Welsh (Full Course)- A
Welsh Bacc (Pass or Fail system)- Pass


Although I passed everything, it doesn't mean I do well at everything in life. I would say my Applications in Maths result is pretty disappointing. That DOES NOT make me a disappointment. If you work your arse off, do your best, then you having nothing to lose. If you sit back and do shit all, then okay, it's you're fault that you didn't try, doesn't make you a failure at everything else.


The man who created Wetherspoons was told he'd never succeed in life, now he has restaurant chains across the UK.


You're grades do not define your ability to work and to succeed, they define your ability to remember useless facts and figures.


I hope you had all the grades you were hoping for. Happy celebrations. Enjoy the rest of your summer.


Thank you for reading,
  I love you lots like Jelly Tots,
   With Love,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment