Thursday, 1 January 2015

Top 10 Beauty Picks of 2014

Starting the beauty talk with last year's favourites. Look at me, already reminiscing. Through out 2014 I cam to love many make-up products, some which I bought 5 times over, and some which I still have (I don't like throwing it away if there's anything left okay?!)
I fell in love with winged eyeliner in 2014, and actually did it without drawing all over my face. Natural skin and mysterious eyes was my staple look for 2014. So that being said, my favourite make-up picks would have to be:
  • E.L.F Maximum Coverage concealer. I'm not going into detail on this, but I can assure you it does as it says on the tin *Maximally covers*.
  • 17 High Drama liquid liner. This is mainly because I was too lazy to go out and buy another eyeliner to use once I sussed out how to use a pen. I guess it's cheap and cheerful and did serve its purpose.
  • Maybelline Baby Lips in Hydrate. This is form their original collection. It is not at all sticky, this being said makes it a good base for applying lipstick. These lip balms are extremely hydrating, I think I own three, they are definitely worth it!
  •  Maybelline The Falsies mascara. Again, it does what it says on the tin, plus it lasts a really long time and DOES NOT BUDGE!
  • Real Techniques Buffing brush. I bought the core collection back in April, and cannot apply make-up without the buffing brush! The other three I don't mind not using so much, but thanks to the buffing brush, my make-up sponge days are over. This brush is brilliant for blending foundation and concealer and is very gentle on the skin.
    Throughout the Summer I loved having beachy/wavy hair. I bought a few different salt sprays, I bought the one from Tony & Guy and it was okay, it did what it was supposed to do, then I came across Umberto Giannini "Grunge Glamour Tousled" salt spray. This works wonders if you want to add a bit more texture to your hair and also makes it easier to style! Along side that, I have been loving "Backcomb in a Bottle" which is also by the same brand. You get the beauty of backcombing and volume without the tangles and knots at your roots! I then seal everything in with TRESemmé Volume and Lift hairspray. I had purchased about 3 large cans of this Hairspray throughout 2014, I swear by this stuff. Its a fab hairstyle to do (especially if you're running late), as no heat is really needed. These products make it look like you have actually put a lot of time into curling/waving your hair.
  I don't have a category for the last two products. One is a scent and the other a moisturiser. The scent I have been loving all through 2014 is "Mist You Madly" by Soap and Glory. You only need a spritz of this and you smell like summer and sun cream, despite the fact I also wore it in every other month, it is still lovely. It was definitely a staple in the Summer of 2014.
  The skin care item I have been loving is the Aveeno moisturising cream. Aveeno is really thick, but gentle on the skin. This cream is also recommended to many people with Eczema or dry skin. This leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft whenever I use it! Enough of this "anti-wrinkle-hides-double-chin-cost-£40" nonsense! Get back to basics. I know I will definitely be using this in 2015.


Thank you for reading,
   I love you lots like Jelly Tots,
     With Love,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment