Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Once Upon A Pantomime

On the 2nd of January this year, I dragged myself out of my cosy bed and dolled myself up (or as much as I could at 7:00AM so that I didn't look like a cast member of the walking dead).
  Myself, my brother, my two cousins, auntie and mum have a tradition, and it all started once upon a pantomime. We by the other family their tickets for the show and we go in a group. We have done this for as long as I can remember. I have seen Jack and The Beanstalk goodness knows how many times, Robinson Crusoe once, Snow White once, Peter Pan once, and now to add to all of that, Cinderella.
  Cinderella is one of the best pantomimes I've seen yet! The costumes were beautiful, the sets were beautiful, the cast was beautiful, the day was just *dreamy sigh* beautiful.
  For many years I have listened to Lee Mead singing, I've watched him act, but sadly this was only ever through a screen. I have loved watching him sing and act since he won Andrew Lloyd Webber's talent show 'Any Dream Will Do'. Lee Mead sang 'Any Dream Will Do' whilst in the pantomime theatre...and it's safe to say I cried. I even have a photo after the first half of the panto of me crying. I've watched him go from the bottom, to acting in Casualty playing Lofty, to touring with a pantomime, so to watch him live was amazing.
  Before I knew it, the certain had dropped and it was time for me to catch the bus home.
  I know I've rambled about Lee Mead for the last goodness knows how many minutes, but I didn't go just to see the show. I also sat in the extremely dark cubby hole, which I've now named "The Bat Cave", which was right at the back of Wetherspoon's. I had sausage, mash and gravy. I really don't see what the problem is with bog standard mash, but the leek and cheese on wasn't too bad I guess.
  You can't exactly go to Cardiff without doing a little retail therapy either. I treated myself to a black blouse from Primark, but that's about it.
  I loved every minute of our little day trip, I can't wait to go again next year!
  Thank you for reading,
    I love you lots like Jelly Tots,
      With Love,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment