Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Last Ever First Day

I took my daily morning walk up to my ever so great high school. I sat down in my ever so excited form class. I received my fortnightly time tables which were extremely interesting...ah who am I kidding, the first day was boring.
  My first day consists of routines that have been carried out since year 7. Giving everyone a student planner, giving each individual their timetables, getting everyone to write their lessons into their planners, filling out forms and the (obviously fake) "Welcome Back! It's So Lovely to See You Speech!" off of both the Head of Year, and the Assistant Head Of Year (plus lectures).
  I made it to my first class, Physics. I'm not good with Physics, I tend to confuse myself and contradict things. I stuck it out and I got on with the lesson, and within a (very long) hour, it had finished. There was just one more problem.                Physical Education. I hate P.E with the firey passion. I think that if we do enough exercise outside of school (walking, jogging, running, the gym, whatever) ten we shouldn't have to do P.E. I'm a little shorter than average, meaning I cannot reach netball hoops etc. this only ends up to mean I get picked last for everything, it's discouraging but also makes me feel belittled because people think "No! She can't do that, look at her height!" As soon as hockey season kicks in I won't be afraid to hurt someone with my stick...(I kid...maybe).
  The rest of the day seemed pretty much fine, despite the fact that I was starving way before lunch. My school has cut it down from 6 lessons to 5 lessons, so they had to make them an hour long to meet the required daily amount of education. It's safe to say I hate the new lesson layout.
  Ignoring the fact that I wasn't too keen on my first day, it was my last ever first day of high school. This makes me extremely sad, knowing that next year my friends and I are going to different educational facilities scares me. I don't want to drift apart from everyone but I have the slightest feeling I will. As my friend Ashleigh would most probably tell me, I've just got to embrace it. I will miss my friends dearly, but hopefully one or two are going to the same sixth form as me...I hope. 
  You will be put in sticky situations where you don't know what to do, but if you follow what you want then you should be fine. For those of you, like myself, who are in their first/final year of GCSE's- Good luck. I'm wishing you all the best for this year. Revise lots. Study hard. Do something new, whatever. Remember though:- whatever grades you get, it is not the end of the world. There are always resists available, you don't always need good grades to do something great in life. Am I right in saying that Albert Einstein wasn't the best in school and he was something to remember! 

Thank you for reading,
  I love you lots, like Jelly Tots,
    With Love,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment