Saturday, 28 June 2014

I Have A Secret...

Stop for a minute and think. Have you ever said something to someone that you meant as a joke, but to them it wrecked their outlook on everything? Have you ever though that one joke could make a person hate themselves? Think their "ugly"? Think their worthless? Well, it just so happens I've been on the receiving end of someone's "little input", shall we call it.
  I suffer with Alopecia. Of course I'm ashamed of it. I hate it. I wish it never happened. For those of you who don't know, Alopecia is a hair problem. In fact, it's lack of hair. I have a bald patch on my head, I have since I was 3. It's a part of me I wouldn't think twice about changing. I have had an operation, I attend hospital appointments, I take medication for it, and nothing has worked. It has basically made me really self-conscious, and pretty much wrecked how I see myself, and how I think others see me.
  Alopecia isn't as bad as what some people have to suffer with, I know. But think about it. Close your eyes for two minutes, and think about it. Think about what it's like to have a small bald patch on top of your head, think about the appointments you attend, just knowing nothing can ever be changed, think about crying in school, in front of everyone because they have just found out that your little secret, isn't such a secret anymore. Finally, think of your life now. If this was to happen to you what would you do? Say now that you woke up tomorrow with a patch of hair just gone. How would you feel? If you have ever said something that could hurt someone's feeling so bad, that its the reason they have to go to these appointments, check yourself. Do you really have the right to? Would you like it if someone pointed out your flaws? How would you react? You'd cry. You'd hate yourself. You'd shut people out. You'd become a person who is ashamed of themselves.
  I basically wanted to put this post up, not for your pity, but to show how easily your words can break a person. If you want to know more about my story, comment below or tweet me, I will be more than happy to let you know.

Thank you for reading,
  I love you lots like Jelly Tots,
   With Love,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment